Thursday, September 27, 2012

Discover new Fruits and Vegetables : Golden Beets

What I like in this new lifestyle is that you can discover new fruits and vegetables and experience new awesome taste from mother nature!

Last week-end at the Farmer market I bought a bag of yellow (also known as golden) beets.
I steamed some and later on made a nice salad.
Their taste is lighter and fresh.

You can also make some raw grated beets to include in your wrap, salad...

Here is the recipe of my yellow beets salad and artichoke hearts:


3 handful of green mix and baby spinach,
1/3 of a cucumber sliced
1/2 steamed yellow beet
2 artichoke hearts
1 tbsp of alfalfa sprouts (optional)
1 or 2 baby carrots
1 tbsp of pine nuts
1 tsp of hemp hearts (optional)

I added 1 tsp of hemp oil for the 'dressing'

Hope you'll enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment